My Start As A Hesitant Blogger
Do you have something in your life that you know you need to do, but have been pushing off for way too long? For me, that thing has been blogging.
For years, I’ve been building a list of blog ideas on a range of topics. To be honest, it’s just taken me a long time to process why I’m even doing this and who this blog is for. Here’s where I’ve landed.
Who is this blog for?
- Church Communication Leaders leading the charge for church communications
- Social Media Strategists trying to be more strategic with their church social media presence
- Pastors & Church Staff looking for practical resources and ideas to effectively communicate to the church
- Young Leaders looking to leave their mark on the world for a purpose that matters
- Church Planters looking for practical resources to get started and build volunteer/staff teams in communications/media/video
- Me – To clarify my own thinking and ideas
Here’s a few things you need to know:
- I don’t have it all figured out. Not even close. I hope this blog can be a place where you can learn from the mistakes I’ve made and some successes along the way. I’d love to learn from you as well through your comments and tweets.
- Writing is not my strength. Grammar and spelling experts, go easy on me. Feel free to email me edits if you’d like!
- There are a lot of great blogs out there that talk about big picture communication strategy. I’ll cover some of that, but my focus is going to be on practical ideas and resources you can use now.
- I truly believe there is no greater time to live. For communicators, there has never been so many tools and resources at hand to share the Gospel. We have a tremendous opportunity to leverage communications and make a difference.
So here goes nothing. I’m jumping in with both feet, and hope you’ll join me.